The 3Sh1 (3Ш1) is a Russian 122 mm flechette projectile, which is a further modification of the classic shrapnel (cannister) shell. The flechette and shrapnel shells differ in that the payload of the latter are either iron, steel, or lead shrapnel balls (spheres), whilst the former uses steel fin- (drag-) stabilised darts. The word flechette is an Anglicisation of the French word for dart, fléchette, with both spelling used in Western texts. T...
Contact us for full access to munition technical specifications and images or to arrange a free demo
- 5442 munition records and counting
- In-context and aged imagery
- Section diagrams
- Original and translated documentation
- Fuzes, dispensers, submunitions and components linked and often covered in detail
- Cutting-edge news and social media monitoring system mapping munition usage around the world